- No longer accepting new students -
This program option provides students foundational knowledge and skills to effectively design and develop professional web sites and web applications. Students are provided a thorough understanding of web design principles, client-side and server-side programming, database design, e-commerce, Content Management Systems, and responsive web design techniques. Students will learn all phases of web development, including planning, creating, testing and deploying web sites and applications. The degree program prepares students for entry-level employment as web designers and developers.
Throughout the degree program, students will develop a portfolio showcasing the web sites and web applications created throughout their studies
Students will have the opportunity to complete an internship in which they apply the skills learned throughout the program.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Identify and perform all stages of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) model to develop web sites and web applications
- Successfully code, debug and test programs in various programming languages
- Demonstrate an understanding of data modeling, database design and SQL
- Identify and respond to ethical issues surrounding the misuse of information technology
- Create attractive web graphics to enhance the appearance of web pages
- Apply effective web site design principles to design and develop web pages using HTML and CSS
- Apply responsive web design techniques to create web sites optimized for mobile devices
- Demonstrate understanding of popular Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Apply search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to improve web page rankings in popular search engines
- Apply the principles of user-centered design to create easy to use and intuitive web sites and applications
- Demonstrate an understanding of version control tools and utilize version control tools to collaborate with a team in developing web sites and applications
- Create and utilize client-side scripts to manipulate the DOM, animate web page elements and validate user input
- Create and utilize server-side scripts to create dynamic, database-driven web applications
- Incorporate e-commerce shopping carts and online payment processors into web sites
Please see Becoming Connecticut State Community College for important information regarding this program and Fall 2023 opening of Connecticut State Community College.