Feb 25, 2024
- Not accepting new students at this time -
This certificate prepares students to design and develop mobile applications to solve specific business needs. Students are provided a thorough understanding of software development principles and will learn to complete all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Students will learn to analyze business requirement, plan, develop, test and document computer programs. Students will focus on developing applications for popular mobile platforms including iPhone/iPad and Android platforms. Students will also learn how to design and develop web sites for the desktop and mobile devices. All of the credits are directly transferable into Computer and Information Systems - Mobile Application Developer Option degree program.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Identify and perform all stages of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) model to develop software applications
- Successfully code, compile, execute, and debug programs in various programming languages
- Identify and respond to ethical issues surrounding the misuse of information technology
- Demonstrate an understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Apply effective web design principles to design and develop web pages using HTML and CSS
- Apply responsive web design techniques to create web sites optimized for mobile devices
- Demonstrate an understanding of popular Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Apply search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to improve web page rankings in popular search engines
- Apply the principles of user-centered design to create easy to use and intuitive web sites and applications
- Demonstrate an understanding of version control tools and utilize version control tools to collaborate with a team in developing applications
- Demonstrate an understanding of the tools and development process for various mobile and desktop platforms
- Design mobile applications for iPhone/iPad and Android platforms
- Develop mobile applications that securely communicate with external devices and servers
Total Credits: 21
Opportunities to earn credits through Prior Learning Assessments (PLAs) may be available for some courses in this program. Please consult your counselor or faculty advisor for more information.
All courses taken in this certificate program can lead to our associate degree in Computer and Information Systems.