Feb 25, 2024
The Foundations in Digital Analytics Certificate provides students a foundation in data basics, probability and statistics, data analytics, data manipulation, data visualization and communication, and data ethics and security, while supporting students to acquire industry-informed and aligned digital and analytical skills necessary to succeed in a wide array of career opportunities. The certificate’s learning outcomes are based on a national framework endorsed by Fortune 500 firms across the country. Students who complete the certificate will have the opportunity to earn industry-recognized badges in four domains: data analytics, data validations, data visualization, and data ethics and security. Participating students will be eligible for industry experience opportunities, such as participation in mentorship programs or capstone projects, to provide the student real-world industry experience. The certificate will incorporate industry-approved learning opportunities such as case studies and projects to build students’ digital analytics skills for in-demand work.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of the uses of data, data ethics, and data security.
- Implement foundational concepts of data manipulation, data analysis, data visualization, and communication.
- Utilize various technologies and programming languages to organize, analyze, explore, and visualize data.
- Apply statistical techniques to data to make sense of data and solve problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply all data-related concepts through case studies and projects.
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. See Becoming Connecticut State Community College for more detail about this exciting transition!