Feb 25, 2024
The Computer Software Support Specialist Certificate is designed for students preparing for the positions of Help Desk Technician, Technical Support Specialist and Customer Service Representative, who provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers and users. This certificate concentrates on development of skills in the diagnosis and solution of technical and computer-related problems.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply customer service and end-user support principles, including communication skills, telephone etiquette, and courtesy when dealing with customers and individuals lacking a technical background
- Describe the features and functions of the major categories of applications software (word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail, browsers, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficiency in installing and configuring software, and uninstalling operating system software
- Demonstrate proficiency in configuring software for accessibility by disabled individuals
- Demonstrate proficiency in installing and configuring applications software upgrades
- Demonstrate proficiency in modifying an operating system when installing, configuring and upgrading typical applications software.
Interim Program Coordinator, Computer Information Systems
Total Credits: 24
All courses taken in this certificate program can lead to our associate degree in Computer Support Specialist.
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. See Becoming Connecticut State Community College for more detail about this exciting transition!