Feb 25, 2024
Designed for students who wish to concentrate solely in accounting. This may be used to further their present careers or to augment a degree already held in a different subject area. Credits earned can be used for transfer into the Associate in Science Degree Accounting Program.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles that is appropriate in the recording and reporting of financial information
- Use analysis, synthesis, and evaluation skills to solve general accounting problems or problems in areas of accounting specialization
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in professional accounting situations
- Use library and computer resources both to gather and present accounting information
- Interact appropriately and effectively with others in accounting settings
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing accounting computer software programs
- Analyze and use financial reports for decision-making
- Understand standards of professional conduct and ethical issues related to accounting and to their areas of specialization
- Demonstrate proficiency in the preparation of the 1040 tax return and supporting schedules
- Demonstrate the application of analytical techniques in corporate finance using practical examples
- Understand the annual report issued by corporations and how it is used to evaluate a corporation’s financial position
Interim Program Coordinator
Total Credits: 25
† Throughout this catalog, this symbol means that a pre-requisite is required. Please refer to the Course Descriptions section.
* Business Elective includes any: ACC, BBG, BFN, BMG, BMK, BOT, CSA, CSC, CST course.
All courses taken in this certificate program can lead to our associate degree in Accounting.
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. See Becoming Connecticut State Community College for more detail about this exciting transition!