Sep 27, 2023
Students will focus on financial, managerial and tax accounting theory and practices. Computer applications are an integral part of the course work. Upon completion, students will be prepared for an entry-level position, advancement in a current position, or transfer to a four-year degree program.
CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree in Accounting Studies A.A. also available. For more information, visit http://www.ct.edu/transfer or consult the Counseling Office at 860-906-5040.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles that is appropriate in the recording and reporting of financial information
- Use analysis, synthesis, and evaluation skills to solve general accounting problems or problems in areas of accounting specialization
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in professional accounting situations
- Use library and computer resources both to gather and present accounting information
- Interact appropriately and effectively with others in accounting settings
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing accounting computer software programs
- Analyze and use financial reports for decision-making
- Understand standards of professional conduct and ethical issues related to accounting and to their areas of specialization
Interim Program Coordinator
First Semester (16 Credits)
Second Semester (15 Credits)
Third Semester (15 Credits)
Fourth Semester (15 Credits)
Total Credits: 61
The symbol (†) indicates a prerequisite needs to be met. Please refer to the Course Descriptions section
* Business Elective includes any: ACC, BBG, BFN, BMG, BMK, BOT, CSA, CSC, CST course.
‡ BBG* 294 - Business Internship is strongly recommended.
Becoming Connecticut State Community College
STUDENTS: The Community Colleges are undergoing a merger with a plan to become Connecticut State Community College in fall 2023; please work closely with your advisor/program coordinator to select your courses accordingly. See Becoming Connecticut State Community College for more detail about this exciting transition!